weight loss supplements

Weight Loss Supplements

Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, plant fibers and extracts, among other substances, are included in the list of ingredients provided by dietary supplements, which also include over-the-counter weight loss formulas.

According to the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, “scientific studies attest to the health benefits of some, but not all, of these compounds.”

Formulas for slimming have as a supplementary function a normal diet and provide essential nutrients that help to burn fat, but only fulfill their role when integrated into a balanced diet. They can even be harmful if you are not careful in your selection and intake.

weight loss supplements

Green Tea Extract

Its active constituents, flavonoids and tannins, have a strong antioxidant action and a mild diuretic action. Green tea leaves stimulate lipolysis (fat burning) and thermogenesis (release of heat resulting from the transformation of calories into energy), favoring the elimination of fat and limiting the storage of lipids and carbohydrates by the body. The caffeine it contains can combat the fatigue associated with weight loss.

Artichoke

It is rich in B vitamins, vitamin A and mineral salts. The extract of its leaves promotes the flow of bile, necessary for the absorption of nutrients and for the detoxification of the organism. It also showed antioxidant action with results in the stimulation and regeneration of healthy liver cells.

It has proven advantages in ‘lowering cholesterol and glycemic index. It is excellent as a liver regulator. Because it has few calories, it is recommended as a dietary supplement and can be eaten cooked in tea or capsules. Do not take if you are “hypersensitive to the plant or suffer from obstruction of the bile duct.

Weight loss systems

It is another of the substances available in the market. Weight loss systems play a key role in fat metabolism, especially in heart muscle cells, as it increases the conversion of fatty acids to energy.

 

Protein Supplements

Protein Supplements: When To Consume And Which Type Is The Best

Darling of athletes and the workout class, protein has become an indispensable item in the diet. Following the pace of consumption, the variety of protein supplements has also increased. Before making any decision, know the types of protein supplements and how they work.

Protein Supplements

Major types of protein supplements

Casein

This corresponds to about 80% of milk protein (the remaining 20% are whey) and rich in amino acids such as glutamine, which helps to increase muscle, and L-arginine, known as the precursor to the natural release of growth hormone (hGH).

Absorption: Casein takes from 5 to 7 hours to be ingested, which can be considered positive because it keeps the muscles nourished for a long period.

Syntrax

This supplement is composed of whey isolate. Syntrax line of protein supplements are a source of low cost and good quality whey protein, as it is rich in essential amino acids, responsible for increasing energy and helping in muscle reconstruction. Until the whey protein appeared, Syntrax is the most consumed line of supplements among people who sought to increase muscle mass.

Soy

The soy protein is a good option for those who prefer a source of vegetarian protein. It contains glutamine, which helps in recovery after training; L-arginine, which dilates the blood vessels and, consequently, allows the nutrients to reach the muscles more quickly; and BCAA. In addition, soy protein has antioxidants, which aid in muscle rebuilding, and isoflavone that helps maintain healthy cholesterol and increases the production of the thyroid hormone, which consequently speeds up the metabolism.

Whey

It is whey protein extracted during the process of processing milk into cheese. It is the most concentrated source of essential amino acids – high concentration of glutamine and BCAA – without the addition of cholesterol. Since this protein is extracted from whey, the water content is very high.